about the recipe
Are you ready to indulge in a delicious, melt-in-your-mouth meal that practically cooks itself? Look no further than this slow cooker brisket recipe! With a combination of savory spices, BBQ sauce, and brown sugar, the result is a sweet and smoky brisket that will wow your taste buds.
– 1 3 to 5 pound beef brisket – ¼ cup dark brown sugar – 1 tablespoon smoked paprika – 1 tablespoon sea salt use 1 teaspoon per pound of meat – 2 teaspoons dried thyme – 2 teaspoons garlic powder – 2 teaspoons ground cumin – 1 teaspoon black pepper – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper – 1 onion sliced – ½ cup BBQ sauce plus more for serving if desired – ¼ cup water
– Using a meat tenderizer or fork, lightly prick the brisket all over. – In a small bowl, combine the sugar, smoked paprika, salt, thyme, garlic powder, ground cumin, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
– Sprinkle the seasoning mixture all over the brisket. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
– Arrange the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker and place the brisket on top. – Stir together the BBQ sauce and water and pour it on top of the meat.
– Cover and cook for 10 hours on low or 6 hours on high.
– Transfer the brisket to a cutting board and tent with foil.
– Allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
– Cut the meat across the grain or shred and serve with the sauce.