about the recipe
When you are in the mood for a comforting pasta dinner that doesn’t require a lot of effort, slow cooker chicken alfredo pasta is perfect! This simple but flavorful recipe will have your family begging for seconds. The entire dish is cooked right in your CrockPot, making it the perfect weeknight meal. Give this recipe a try - it is sure to become a family favorite.
– 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast – 1 1/2 cups heavy cream – 2 cups chicken broth – 8 ounces cream cheese cubed – 1/2 cup unsalted butter cubed – 2 teaspoons garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese – 16 ounces fettuccine noodles
– Place the chicken, heavy cream, chicken broths cream cheese, butter, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in your slow cooker.
– Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker.
Shred with forks or cube the chicken.
– Whisk the parmesan cheese into the sauce.
– Place the noodles in your slow cooker.
– Add the chicken on top of the pasta. – Cook on high for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking. Test for doneness, and cook another 15 minutes if needed.