about the recipe
Slow Cooker Polenta is super simple, takes just minutes of hands-on time, and is absolutely delicious. It makes a satisfying vegetarian main dish or hearty and comforting side. The method is fail-safe and perfect for entertaining.
– 1 ½ cups polenta – 2 cups vegetable broth – 4 cups water – 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt – ½ teaspoon garlic powder – ¼ cup butter – 4 ounces shredded parmesan
– Stir the polenta, vegetable broth, water, salt, and garlic powder in your slow cooker.
– Cook over low heat for 4 to 6 hours.
– Stir in the butter and parmesan and cover until the butter and cheese melts.
– Stir again.
– Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
– Whisk in a little extra water if the polenta gets too thick as it sits.