about the recipe
Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes are a comforting and easy-to-prepare dish that will become a go-to weeknight meal. This recipe works its magic by transforming humble ground beef into a saucy, slightly spicy, and subtly sweet sandwich filling. With our step-by-step guide, you'll master this dish in no time, letting your crockpot do most of the work and slowly simmer the ingredients to absolute perfection.
– 1 tablespoon avocado oil or other oil – 1 yellow onion diced – 2 stalks celery diced – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – 2 pounds ground beef – 1 cup ketchup – 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce – 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce – 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar – 1 tablespoon yellow mustard – 1 tablespoon light brown sugar – 1 teaspoon Chili powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt
– Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet, or in a slow cooker that has a sauté function.
– Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
– Add the ground beef, and cook, stirring to break the meat up with a spoon, for about 10 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink. Drain excess fat if desired.
– Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.