about the recipe
Take your popcorn to the next level with this Spicy Popcorn Recipe. It is spicy, sweet, savory, and perfect for casual entertaining. Liven up your next movie night or football party with just about 10 minutes of effort with this palette-pleasing crunchy snack.
– ½ cup butter – 2 tablespoons maple syrup – 2-3 tablespoons hot sauce more or less to taste (Such as Franks) – ½ teaspoon smoked paprika – ½ cup popcorn kernels – 3 tablespoons coconut oil more or less according to manufacturer’s instructions – Salt to taste
– Heat the butter and maple syrup in a small saucepan until the butter melts.
– Stir in RedHot sauce and smoked paprika and whisk to combine. Remove from heat.
– Heat the oil in a popcorn maker or heavy bottomed pan.
– Transfer popcorn to a large bowl and toss with the hot sauce mixture. Sprinkle with salt and enjoy.