about the recipe
Prepare to fall head over heels for this Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad! The earthy sweetness of oven-roasted sweet potatoes blends harmoniously with the crunch of diced green apples.
about the recipe
Toss in some pomegranate seeds for a tangy burst of flavor, crispy quinoa, and walnuts for added crunch. Drizzle it all with a zesty dressing, and you've got yourself a delectable vegan feast that's not just tasty but incredibly good for you too!
Sweet Potatoes – 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cubed – 1 tablespoon olive oil – ½ teaspoon salt – ½ teaspoon paprika – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper Crispy Quinoa – ½ cup quinoa rinsed – 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper Salad – 1 small green apple diced – 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice – 5 ounces Baby Spinach – ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds – ⅓ cup walnuts toasted – ½ cup balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon Swerve or sweetener of choice – 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper – ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
– Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer, and roast for 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
– Make the dressing by combining balsamic vinegar, sweetener, Dijon mustard, garlic, sea salt and cayenne pepper in a blender. Add oil in a steady stream and process until emulsified.
– Toss apple and lemon juice in a small bowl.
– In a large bowl combine spinach, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and apple. Add roasted sweet potatoes, crispy quinoa and toss with the desired amount of dressing.