about the recipe
When you are craving a creamy, dreamy pasta dish, this easy 15-minute Sesame Tahini Pasta is perfect! It makes an easy weeknight meal, and leftovers are perfect for lunch. Give this recipe a try, and it is sure to make a regular appearance on your menu.
– 8 ounces vermicelli linguine, or rice noodles – ⅓ cup tahini – ¼ cup soy sauce or gluten-free tamari – ¼ cup hoisin sauce – 2 tablespoons sesame oil – 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar – 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger – 2 teaspoons minced garlic about 3 cloves garlic – 1 teaspoon hot sauce – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 bunches scallions chopped – For finishing: lemon zest lemon juice, Thai fresh basil, crushed red pepper
– Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, and reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water. Transfer to a large bowl or return to the pot.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
– Toss the tahini sauce with the pasta.
– Add half of the scallions and toss again.
– Serve warm or cold with the remaining scallions on top.
– Finish with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, Thai basil, and crushed red pepper flakes if desired.