about the recipe
This Thai Chicken Salad Recipe is a sassy scene-stealing meal that delivers mouthfuls that surprise and delight. Crunchy fresh Napa cabbage is tossed with tender chicken, red pepper, carrots, and scallions and then dressed with a punchy ginger-lime dressing. Top it off garden-fresh basil and cilantro, and then throw in cashews for a little crunch, and you've got a party in your mouth going on.
Salad – 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage – 1 red pepper diced – 3 carrots grated – 2 scallions chopped – ¼ cup fresh basil chopped – ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped – ¼ cup raw cashews toasted and chopped
Dressing – 4 tablespoons lime juice – 3 tablespoons fish sauce Red Boat brand – 1 tablespoon fresh ginger peeled and grated – 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes – 1 tablespoon honey to taste – 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Chicken – 1 tablespoon coconut oil – 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts – salt and pepper to taste – 1 small red onion chopped fine – 1 teaspoon minced garlic
– Season the chicken.
– Heat coconut oil over medium high heat. – Season to taste with salt and pepper.
– Add onion and garlic and cook for two minutes. – Add chicken and saute until browned and the chicken is fully cooked.
– Allow to cool and shred chicken
– Make dressing by whisking together lime juice, fish sauce, ginger, and red pepper flakes.
– Slowly whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Add honey to taste. (You may also make the dressing in a food processor or blender.)
– In a large bowl combine cabbage, red pepper, carrots, scallions, basil, cilantro and chicken. Toss with dressing. Top with cashews and serve.