about the recipe
For an easy and delicious chicken dish, look no further than Tortilla Crusted Chicken. This easy recipe requires a handful of simple ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your pantry. It is the perfect way to change up your weeknight dinner routine.
– 1 cup flour – 1 tablespoon taco seasoning – ½ teaspoon sea salt – 2 eggs beaten – 2 cups crushed tortilla chips – 32 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs – For serving: salsa jalapeño, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole
– Beat the eggs in another shallow dish.
– Place the tortilla chips in a third dish. – Beat the chicken to an even thickness. – Dip the chicken in the flour and then the eggs.
– Finally, coat the chicken in the tortilla chips, using your hands to gently press the chips into the chicken.
– Preheat the air fryer to 400° F. – Spray the chicken with oil. – Cook the chicken in a single layer for 6 minutes
– Flip, and cook another 5 to 8 minutes, until the center registers 160° F and the outside is golden brown. – Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.