about the recipe
Vibrant turmeric brown rice is the ultimate easy and nutritious side dish. It's made with simple ingredients, including rice, garlic, onion, and the star of the show - turmeric, all cooked on your stovetop. Infused with the warm, earthy flavors of turmeric and boasting a fluffy, grain-separated texture, this stovetop turmeric rice is a lesson in simplicity and flavor, guaranteed to elevate any meal!
– 1 tablespoon olive oil – 1 onion chopped – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – 1 ¾ cups vegetable broth of chicken - preferably homemade – 1 cup brown rice rinsed – 1 teaspoon ground turmeric – 1 teaspoon ground cumin – ½ teaspoon smoked paprika – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon ground pepper – ¼ cup cilantro
– Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cook for 8 minutes.
– Add garlic and cook one more minute.
– Cover and reduce heat to a low simmer.
– Cook for 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam for an additional 10 minutes.