about the recipe
You are going to fall in love with these Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms. They are quick to make and even quicker to disappear. Perfect for entertaining since all the prep-work can be done in advance. This is one I turn to again and again!
– 12 ounces mushroom caps – 1 tablespoon avocado oil or oil of choice – 1 cup chopped red onion – ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped fine – 1 tablespoon minced garlic more or less to taste – Salt and Pepper to taste – 4 ounces cream cheese softened – ¼ cup parmesan cheese rennet free – ¼ cup parsley chopped
– Place mushroom caps, stem side down, on the prepared baking sheet. – Cooking for 6 minutes. – Remove from oven and transfer to paper towels to drain. Turn the oven to broil.
– Meanwhile, heat the avocado oil in a skillet. – Add onion and saute for 6 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook for two more minutes. Add garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds.
– Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor. Add cream cheese and pulse until well combined. (If you don’t have a food processor you can mix by hand.)
– Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Top with parmesan cheese.
– Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. – Top with parsley and serve warm.