about the recipe
Level up your holiday table with this deliciously easy Wild Rice Stuffing. A blend of wild rice, crisp apples, tart cranberries, and smoky bacon creates a stuffing that's both hearty and full of flavor. With its delightful mix of textures, this dish can be prepared ahead of time, marking one thing off your last-minute to-do list!
– 8 ounces bacon – 1 yellow onion chopped – 3 stalks celery chopped – 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning – ½ cup minced fresh parsley – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – 2 granny smith apples cored and chopped – 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice – 2 cups wild rice cooked (about X cups cooked) – 1 cup dried cranberries – ½ cup chicken broth
– Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray – Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until brown.
– Remove from the pan, reserving the drippings. Crumble the bacon and transfer to a large bowl.. – Add the onion and celery, and cook for 8 minutes, until tender.
– Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
– Add oil to the pan if needed. Add the apples, and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the heat off, and stir in the lemon juice. Transfer to the bowl with the onions.
– Stir in the wild rice, cranberries, and chicken broth. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and cover with foil.
– Cook for 20 minutes and serve warm.