about the recipe
Brighten up your family dinner with our Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes. A simple boil-and-mash method transforms these golden gems into a creamy, dreamy side dish that's ready in just about 25 minutes. This recipe is easy enough for a busy weeknight but tasty enough for your holiday table.
– 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes about 12 medium – ½ cups butter diced – 8 ounces cream cheese – ¼ cup fresh chives or 2 tablespoons dried – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – Optional: Half and half or milk for thinning
– Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Place in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil.
– Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. ook for 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
– Return to the pot and heat over low for about 2 minutes to dry the potatoes.
– Stir in the cream cheese, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.