about the recipe
Savor this Zucchini Frittata over a lazy coffee-scented weekend morning, or enjoy it as a speedy weeknight meal. A cinch to throw together and the perfect start - or finish - to your day! Looking to clean out the cheese and crisper drawer in your fridge? This is your solution. You can substitute whatever produce, cheese, and meats you have on hand.
– 8 large eggs beaten – ¼ cup heavy cream or almond milk – 1 teaspoon Sriracha more or less to taste – 1 teaspoon chili powder – 1 teaspoon paprika - smoked is best – Salt and Pepper to taste (I used 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper) – 1 large zucchini diced or 2 small – 1 bunch green onions sliced thin – 1 jalapeno seeded and diced – 4 ounces cheddar cheese grated
– Position the rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the broiler. – In a bowl, combine eggs, cream, Sriracha, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Beat together with a whisk and set aside.
– Spray a 10-inch oven-safe skillet with oil and heat over medium heat. – Add zucchini, green onion and jalapeno. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes.
– Sprinkle the vegetables with cheese.
– Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until browned. – To serve, run a spatula around the edge and then underneath. Cut into slices and serve.