Gluten Free Corn Muffins
These Gluten Free Corn Muffins are a delicious addition to your table. With the addition of quinoa, this is a muffin you can feel good about serving.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 egg beaten, or flax egg
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal gluten free & organic
- ¾ cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried onion or onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese or Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- butter, Parmesan cheese, flaky sea salt for topping, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl combine milk and lemon juice and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to curdle. Whisk in olive oil and egg.
In a separate bowl combine flour, cornmeal, quinoa, palm sugar, baking powder, baking soda, parsley, onion, salt and pepper. Make a well in the center and whisk in milk mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in cheese.
Spoon into 12 well greased muffin cups or 24 mini-cups. Bake 25 minutes (large) or 18 minutes (small).
Remove from oven and dot with butter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and flaky salt. Cook for 5 more minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and cheese is melted.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 179mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 1mg