Quinoa Power Bars
These quinoa power bars make a great breakfast when you are short on time and a fabulous on-the-go snack.
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 1/2 cups cashews chopped
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup flax seeds ground
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup dried cherries chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or honey or brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: Melted Chocolate for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Link a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the quinoa flakes, cashews and sunflower seeds and toast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Place in a large bowl and allow to cool slightly. Add in flax seeds, chia seeds, dried cherries and chocolate chips.
In a small saucepan melt coconut oil. Add almond butter, applesauce and maple syrup. Bring to a bowl and lower heat to medium low. Cook for 3 minutes and stir in vanilla and sea salt. Pour mixture over dry ingredients.
Transfer mixture to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press into a rectangle. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and then place into refrigerator until firm. Cut into desired shape. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 270IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 3.1mg