Cranberry Quinoa Salad with Apples and Pecans
Looking for a delicious salad to fuel your day? This Cranberry Quinoa Salad is sure to be a winner! Wholesome and filling, this is the perfect fall salad!
- ¼ cup water + ½ tablespoon chia seeds or ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups torn lettuce leaves
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple cored and sliced thin
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese or non-dairy blue cheese, optional
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
If using chia gel in place of olive oil, combine ¼ cup water with chia seeds. Stir to combine and set aside for 10 minutes.
In a blender combine shallot, vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Process until blended. Add chia gel or olive oil and process until well combined.
In a large bowl combine lettuce, arugula, quinoa, dried cranberries, apple, blue cheese and walnuts. Toss with dressing and serve immediately.
Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 440mg | Potassium: 349mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 1780IU | Vitamin C: 9.6mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 2.3mg