Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
This Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash is a healthy low carb alternative to pasta! Pressure Cooking is perfect for your busy weeknights.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 cup vegetable broth
Slice the spaghetti squash in half and scoop the seeds out.
Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Add the broth to the bottom of the instant pot and then arrange the squash halves on top of it.
Secure the lid, making sure the vent is set to seal.
Set the timer to 7 minutes and the pressure to high.
When the timer goes off, carefully release the pressure using the release valve. (Careful; I use a cooking mitt when doing this.)
Test the spaghetti squash for doneness.
Shred the spaghetti squash with forks, being careful not to burn yourself!
Serving Suggestions for Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot
- You can serve this dish as a side with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and butter. (For a vegan option, Miyoko's butter rocks. I use it all the time. For traditional butter, I use Kerrygold.)
- Toss with a Simple Peanut Sauce and top with cilantro, mint, and peanuts.
- Use as a base for a bowl in place of a grain.
- Use as a base for most any recipe that calls for pasta.
- Saute' ground beef in a skillet and stir in Marinara. Serve over spaghetti squash for a quick and easy dinner!
Calories: 78kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 261mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg