about the recipe
Air Fryer Mac and Cheese is a deliciously comforting twist on a classic. You are going to fall in love with the creamy, cheesy perfection. Best of all, the entire dish is made right in your air fryer - no oven or stove required.
– 1 ½ cups elbow macaroni – 10.5 ounces evaporated milk – ¾ cup half and half – ½ cup sour cream – 1 egg beaten – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon dry mustard – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese divided
– Preheat the air fryer to 350° F. Grease a 1 ½ quart dish with oil. – Place the elbow macaroni in the dish.
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, half and half, sour cream, egg, salt, dry mustard and fresh ground black pepper. Alternatively, you can blend the mixture in your blender.
– Pour the liquid mixture over the noodles and stir in ½ cup of the shredded cheese. Cover tightly with foil.
– Place the dish in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. – Remove from your air fryer and stir well.
– Stir in another 1 cup of the cheese and cook for another 10 minutes. – Stir and add the final cup of cheese on top of the Mac and Cheese. Cook until browned and bubbly, about 5 to 8 more minutes.
– Allow to sit in the air fryer for 5 minutes before removing.