about the recipe
Looking for an easy and simple family dinner that is sure to become a family favorite? This easy Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta is a winner. With ground beef, mozzarella, ricotta, marinara, and noodles, you can’t go wrong. One of the best easy comfort foods you will find!
– ½ tablespoon avocado oil – 1 pound ground beef preferably grass-fed – 1 medium onion chopped fine (or 2 small) – 2 cloves garlic minced – 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning – 24 ounces Little Italy in the Bronx Marinara – 16 ounces spaghetti I used gluten-free, but feel free to substitute for regular spaghetti – 8 ounces ricotta cheese – 12 ounces Mozzarella cheese
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. – Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. – Add ground beef and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up.
– Once the ground beef has started to brown and is broken up into small pieces, add onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning to pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is brown and onions are tender about 7 to 8 minutes.
– Stir in marinara and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
– Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
– When pasta is cooked, drain and toss with cheese sauce and cubed cheddar cheese. Transfer to prepared pan.
– Place a spoon full of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9” casserole dish. Top with half of the noodles, half of the sauce and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with the cheese.
– Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until warm and bubbly.