Looking for an easy and simple family dinner that is sure to become a family favorite? This easy Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta is a winner. With ground beef, mozzarella, ricotta, marinara, and noodles, you can’t go wrong. One of the best easy comfort foods you will find!
Have you ever gone through periods of time where you feel like your children are changing at the speed of light?
That is where we are right now.
Skye is growing up so fast that it is killing me.
Don't get me wrong; I love where she is right now. She is delicious.
The fits are gone, and I can take her anywhere with zero stress of worrying about behavior issues.
And she is quite the conversationalist! My girl has the gift of gab, and I could spend all day just chatting with her.
And oh, the imagination! She loves to "write" books and read me the stories.
The boys are growing up fast as well.
With one teen and one that will be a teen in February, I am all too aware that I am going to blink and they are going to be grown.
All of this has had me making sure that I am spending as much time with them as I can.
I've looked at my schedule and tried to simplify everything that I can to free up time with the kids.
These days, I am going for simple family meals like today's Baked Spaghetti.
With a salad on the side, it is the perfect weeknight dinner.
I used to shy away from Italian dishes during the week.
Tools for Making Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta Cheese
- 13 x 9” Baking Dish
Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta
Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound ground beef preferably grass-fed
- 1 medium onion chopped fine (or 2 small)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 24 ounces Little Italy in the Bronx Marinara
- 16 ounces spaghetti I used gluten-free, but feel free to substitute for regular spaghetti
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 12 ounces Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up.
- Once the ground beef has started to brown and is broken up into small pieces, add onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning to pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is brown and onions are tender about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in marinara and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- Drain and return to the hot pan. Toss with the ricotta cheese.
- Place a spoon full of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9” casserole dish. Top with half of the noodles, half of the sauce and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with the cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until warm and bubbly.
VARIATIONS FOR SPAGHETTI CASSEROLE WITH RICOTTA
- For a lower carb alternative, substitute spaghetti squash for the spaghetti.
- For an extra kick of veggies, add ½ cup diced green bell pepper, ½ cup diced red pepper and ½ pound sliced button mushrooms when you add the onion.
- Mix up the cheeses and use sharp cheddar in place of the mozzarella. Alternatively, use a blend of the two.