about the recipe
Enjoy the flavors of a classic Philly Cheesesteak all in one bite with this easy-to-make Blackstone Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. With just a few ingredients and a skillet or a Blackstone flat-top griddle, you can make this delicious meal in no time! The juicy and tender chicken combined with gooey cheese and flavorful vegetables is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
– 2 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into strips – 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning – 2 teaspoons sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 onions sliced (or 1 large onion) – 2 bell peppers seeded and sliced – 8 slices provolone cheese – 8 hoagie rolls sliced
– Place the chicken in a large bowl. – Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
– Preheat your Blackstone to medium to medium-high heat. (About 400 degrees.) – Oil the griddle well.
– Add the onions and peppers to one side and cook for about 8 minutes.
– Add the chicken to the other side. Cook for another 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, lowering the temperature on the vegetables as needed.
– Add the cheese slices to the top of the chicken and cover. Cook until the cheese melts. – Remove the chicken and vegetables from the griddle. – Reduce the heat to medium and place the buns seam side down until they are warm and lightly toasted.
– Form sandwiches by layering the vegetables and cheesy chicken on the buns.