about the recipe
Warm and fragrant homemade bread has never been so easy, thanks to this Bread Machine Focaccia Bread. Infused with the classic rosemary and olive oil flavors, this recipe is a heartfelt nod to Italian cuisine with a twist. This no-fuss focaccia utilizes your trusty bread machine, letting it do all the hard work. Whether you are a seasoned baker or a complete beginner, this recipe is going to make you feel like a master baker.
– 2 ¼ cups warm water – 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided – 4 cups all-purpose flour – 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or instant yeast – 2 teaspoons sea salt – 2 teaspoons sugar – 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary – ½ teaspoon Maldon sea salt
– Place the water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, flour, yeast, salt, and sugar in your bread machine. – Process on the dough cycle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
– Preheat the oven to 450° F. – Brush 1 of the remaining tablespoons of oil into a 13 x 9 metal pan with a pastry brush.
– Brush the top of the dough with the remaining tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt.
– Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Use a fork to lightly poke the surface of the dough all over. – Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
– Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then cut into pieces and serve.