Warm and fragrant homemade bread has never been so easy, thanks to this Bread Machine Focaccia Bread. Infused with the classic rosemary and olive oil flavors, this recipe is a heartfelt nod to Italian cuisine with a twist. This no-fuss focaccia utilizes your trusty bread machine, letting it do all the hard work. Whether you are a seasoned baker or a complete beginner, this recipe is going to make you feel like a master baker.
This Bread Machine Focaccia Bread is golden and crusty on the outside, and oh-so-soft on the inside.
It's the kind of bread that makes you want to tear off a big chunk, dip it in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and savor every single bite.
The best part? From start to finish, it's ready in under 3 hours. Yes, you heard that right; fresh, homemade bread in less than 3 hours.
It is unchallenging in the best sense of the term!
- Water: Water activates the yeast and brings all our ingredients together. I recommend using filtered water.
- Olive Oil: A good quality extra virgin olive oil is key here, as it imparts a distinct, fruity note to our focaccia. You can use canola or sunflower oil, but remember, it won't have quite the same flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour: The backbone of our bread, all-purpose flour gives the focaccia its structure. I don’t recommend bread flour for this focaccia dough.
- Bread Machine Yeast: IIt's specifically designed for bread machines, so try not to substitute it. If you really need to, active dry yeast can work, but I would recommend that you proof it first.
- Sea Salt: Adds that essential savory depth to balance out the flavors. If sea salt isn't readily available, table salt will do just fine.
- Sugar: A little sweet to complement the savory. Plus, it helps feed the yeast. You could substitute with honey if you prefer a more natural sweetener.
- Fresh Chopped Rosemary: Dried rosemary can be used in a pinch. Feel free to mix up the toppings - pesto, parmesan cheese, red onion, olives, and other fresh herbs like oregano or basil are all great options.
- Maldon Sea Salt: If you don't have Maldon sea salt, any flaky sea salt will work.
Step By Step
Tips and Tricks
- Fresh Rosemary: This fragrant herb sets focaccia apart from other breads. Try to use fresh rosemary whenever you can.
- Don't Rush the Resting Time: It might be tempting to skip the 15-minute resting time before baking, but patience pays off here. This resting period allows the dough to relax, resulting in a lighter and more flavorful bread.
- Preheat Your Oven: Make sure your oven is fully preheated before you put your dough in. A properly heated oven ensures your focaccia bakes evenly and develops a beautiful golden crust.
- Experiment with Toppings: While rosemary and sea salt are classic focaccia toppings, feel free to get creative! Try adding thinly sliced garlic, cherry tomatoes, or even olives. My kids love when I add shredded cheese on top - it turns into a delicious cheesy focaccia pizza!
- Enjoy Fresh: Focaccia is best enjoyed the day it's made while still warm from the oven. But if you have leftovers, wrap them tightly, and they'll be good for a couple of days. You can also freeze slices for up to a month. I like to freeze them individually in plastic wrap so that I can just defrost them and warm them in the oven when I’m ready to enjoy them.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Bread Maker
- 13 x 9 metal baking pan (Don’t try to bake this focaccia bread machine recipe on a baking sheet. The dough is too wet for that and needs the sides.)
More Bread Machine Recipes to Try
- Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread: Bring the cozy flavors of fall right into your kitchen with this easy and aromatic Bread Machine Pumpkin Bread - a warm slice is just like a hug on a crisp autumn day!
- Bread Machine White Bread: Master the basics with this foolproof Bread Machine White Bread recipe, perfect for sandwiches, toast, or simply slathered with butter and enjoyed!
- Bread Machine Banana Bread: Turn those overripe bananas into a delectable treat with our Bread Machine Banana Bread recipe.
- Bread Machine Hamburger Buns: Nothing beats a juicy burger served on a fresh, fluffy bun made right in your own kitchen!
Bread Machine Focaccia Bread
- Bread Machine
- 2 ¼ cups warm water
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Maldon sea salt
- Place the water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, flour, yeast, salt, and sugar in your bread machine.
- Process on the dough cycle according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Brush 1 of the remaining tablespoons of oil into a 13 x 9 metal pan with a pastry brush.
- Transfer the dough to the baking pan and stretch the dough to reach the corners of the pan.
- Brush the top of the dough with the remaining tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with the rosemary and salt.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes. Use a fork to lightly poke the surface of the dough all over.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then cut into pieces and serve.