about the recipe
There's something uniquely satisfying about a crisp, juicy apple paired with tender broccoli florets. Finding the perfect balance of flavors in a salad can be a challenge, but not with our Broccoli Apple Salad recipe! With just a bit of prep, you'll have this vibrant, crunchy salad bursting with the sweetness of apples ready for your next meal. And don't forget the zippy dressing—it's the secret ingredient that ties all these delicious flavors together!
Salad – 1 pound broccoli with stems – ½ medium red onion sliced into quarter moons – ¼ cup sunflower seeds toasted – 1 apple cored and diced – ¼ cup parsley chopped fine Dressing – 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard – 3 tablespoons maple syrup – ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
– Place a large pot of water on to boil.
– Trim stems off of broccoli and cut florets into bite sized pieces.
– Blanch broccoli for 1 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
– Julienne stems and place broccoli and stems in a large bowl. Add onion, sunflower seeds, apple and parsley.
– Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and process until well combined.
– Toss with broccoli mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve cold or at room temperature.