about the recipe
When you need a side dish that you can throw together in a flash, this vibrant broccoli cauliflower salad recipe is perfect. This refreshing salad is a delightful combination of crisp-tender vegetables, cheese, and walnuts, tossed in a tangy homemade dressing. Whether you are looking for a holiday side or hosting a family BBQ, this recipe is sure to be a hit. Stick around, and I'll show you how simple it is to create this veggie-packed masterpiece.
– ¾ pound broccoli – ¾ pound cauliflower cut into florets – 4 ounces cheddar cheese cubed – ½ red onion sliced thin – ½ cup shredded carrots – ½ cup toasted walnuts chopped – Dressing – ½ cup mayonnaise – 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon maple syrup – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
– Add the broccoli and cauliflower to the boiling water, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the boiling water and immediately put into the cold water bath. Drain and place in a bowl.
– Add the cheese, red onion, carrots, and almonds.
– Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.