about the recipe
You won't believe how crazy-good this Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad is! Sturdy kale and Brussels sprouts hold up for a few days even when tossed, making this recipe perfect for meal prep. (Wait until the last minute to add the avocado.) This salad is a nutrition-packed vegetarian lunch and works just as well as a side dish.
– 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and shredded – 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil – 4 cups kale finely chopped (about 4 ounces) – 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled – 1 avocado chopped – ¼ cup chopped pecans toasted Dressing – ½ cup extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice – 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon garlic minced – 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper – Salt and Pepper to taste
– In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts, and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes. The Brussels sprouts should be lightly charred. Allow to cool.
– Place Brussels sprout, kale, and feta cheese in a large bowl.
– Toss salad with the desired amount of dressing.
– Top with pecans and avocado and serve.