about the recipe
Are you looking for an easy and delicious dinner the whole family will love? Look no further than this flavorful chicken bacon ranch casserole with cream cheese! This hearty meal is sure to be a family favorite with its winning combination of shredded chicken, crispy bacon, gooey cheese and tasty ranch dressing. Plus, it's quick to assemble – so you won't need to spend hours in the kitchen prepping dinner.
– 1 tablespoon oil – 1 onion diced – 5 ounces fresh spinach chopped – 2 cups cooked diced chicken breast or thighs – 16 ounces penne pasta cooked according to package directions – 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped – 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature – ¾ cup ranch dressing – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper – 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded, divided
– Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.Heat the oil in a skillet to medium heat. – Add the onion.
– Cook for 7 minutes, and then add the spinach. Cook for another 3 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
– Remove from the heat, and place the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cooked pasta, and bacon.
– In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Process until smooth. Toss the ranch mixture with the chicken and pasta mixture. Stir in ½ of the cheese.
– Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
– Bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly, and then serve.