Are you looking for an easy and delicious dinner the whole family will love? Look no further than this flavorful chicken bacon ranch casserole with cream cheese! This hearty meal is sure to be a family favorite with its winning combination of shredded chicken, crispy bacon, gooey cheese, and tasty ranch dressing. Plus, it's quick to assemble – so you won't need to spend hours in the kitchen prepping dinner.
I don’t know about you, but I am all about easy weeknight dinners that the whole family will love.
This chicken and bacon casserole is packed with comforting flavors that will make it an instant family favorite.
Made with simple ingredients, this casserole comes together in no time flat.
Read along as I teach you how to make a chicken bacon ranch pasta with cream cheese that has serious flavor - your taste buds won’t want to miss out on this deliciousness!
- Oil: I used avocado oil, but you can use your favorite oil.
- Onion: White or yellow onion works best here. For added flavor, add in a teaspoon of minced garlic in the last minute of sauteeing the onion.
- Spinach: Fresh spinach is my favorite, but you can use frozen if that's all you have. Just make sure to thaw it well and drain off any excess water.
- Chicken breast or chicken thighs: You want boneless chicken, cooked and diced. A rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken works well here.
- Penne pasta: Cook according to package directions. Rotini pasta, elbows or shells are also great options.
- Bacon: Cooked and chopped into small pieces.
- Cream cheese: Use full-fat cream cheese and make sure to bring it to room temperature so that it mixes well.
- Ranch dressing: Use store-bought ranch dressing or make your own using ranch seasoning mix or from scratch. If you are buying ranch, make sure you like the taste before adding it to the casserole. I often make this with my Greek yogurt ranch dressing.
- Seasonings: Sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper add just the right flavor.
- Cheese: Shredded cheddar cheese is what I use in this chicken bacon cheese casserole, but any cheese will work. Mozzarella cheese is also a good option.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
First, start by preheating your oven. Next, prep your casserole dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 7 minutes or until it becomes soft and translucent.
Then add the spinach, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until it wilts.
Remove from the heat and set aside in a large bowl.
Add the cooked and cubed chicken, cooked pasta, and bacon to the bowl with the veggies and stir to combine.
After that, make the sauce for your chicken bacon ranch bake by combining the cream cheese, ranch dressing, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until all ingredients are combined and smooth.
Then, pour the sauce into the large bowl with the chicken and pasta mixture. Give it a good stir so that everything is evenly coated. Add ½ of the shredded cheese to the mixture and stir again.
Transfer this mixture to your prepared casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
Top with the remaining cheese and bake this chicken bacon ranch recipe in the oven for 30 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Once finished baking, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Serve warm.
Tips & Tricks
- Sub out the chicken for ground beef or turkey, if desired.
- This recipe can be easily doubled to feed a large group.
Frequently Asked Questions
What else can you add to chicken bacon ranch casserole?
You can add any of your favorite vegetables to the cream cheese ranch chicken. Broccoli, carrots, or mushrooms would all be delicious additions.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes! Feel free to use whatever cheese you have on hand. White cheddar, mozzarella and Monterey Jack are all great options for this
How can you make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole Keto Friendly?
To make this chicken and cream cheese casserole Keto-friendly, use a low-carb or sugar-free ranch dressing, as well as shredded cheese that is not coated with additives.
Omit the pasta and serve over spiralized zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice. Finally, be sure to check labels and replace any ingredients that could contain added sugar. This will help keep your casserole low in carbs!
You can also check out this keto chicken bacon ranch casserole recipe for more inspiration.
What type of noodles can I use?
Any type of pasta works in this bacon chicken ranch casserole. Penne, rotini, and elbow macaroni are all great options for this recipe.
You could even substitute the pasta for cooked quinoa or rice if you’d like. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
This bacon chicken ranch casserole can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 4 days.
You can freeze this recipe for up to 3 months, but the texture will be slightly different.
More Casserole Recipes to Try
- Veggie lasagna is a family favorite that is always a hit. It is a recipe I turn to again and again.
- Cheesy chicken and rice is easy to make and so satisfying!
- For a deliciously indulgent side dish, you will love this cheesy corn casserole.
- Crockpot mac and cheese is super-simple and a winner with every crowd.
- When you need the perfect brunch casserole, turn to this cheesy hash brown casserole.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole with Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion diced
- 5 ounces fresh spinach chopped
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken breast or thighs
- 16 ounces penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- 8 ounces bacon cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup ranch dressing
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.Heat the oil in a skillet to medium heat.
- Add the onion.
- Cook for 7 minutes, and then add the spinach. Cook for another 3 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
- Remove from the heat, and place the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cooked pasta, and bacon.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Process until smooth. Toss the ranch mixture with the chicken and pasta mixture. Stir in ½ of the cheese.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Allow to cool slightly, and then serve.