about the recipe
This Chicken Pasta Primavera is something to swoon over. With a creamy Parmesan sauce and just the right kick from garlic and red pepper flakes, this recipe is perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon. (But easy enough for a weeknight!) Fresh grape tomatoes, carrots, and baby peas lend a refreshingly vibrant bite to the pasta. This is a forgiving recipe, so feel free to use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
– 8 ounces fettuccine spaghetti or penne – 2 tablespoons olive oil – 16 ounces chicken breast – 1/2 red onion chopped – 1 teaspoon garlic minced – 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes – 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved – 2 carrots cut into matchsticks – 15 ounces baby peas drained – 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth – 3/4 cup half and half or quinoa cream – 1/3 cup Parmesan – 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
– Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. – Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. – Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. And to the pan and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. (Depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breast.) – Remove chicken from the pan. Allow to cool slightly and slice.
– Add red onion and cook for four minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one more minute. – Place the grape tomatoes and carrots in the pan and cook for three minutes. Add peas to the pan and cook for an additional minute.
– Add wine or broth to the pan and cook, scraping up the brown bits, until the liquid has evaporated.
– Stir in the cream and simmer for two minutes. Stir in Parmesan and cook until melted and slightly thickened.
– Return the chicken to the pan and add the pasta. Stir to combine.
–Garnish with thyme and serve warm.