This Pasta Primavera with Chicken the perfect springtime pasta recipe! Packed with vegetables and a creamy parmesan sauce, this is a recipe the whole family will love.
This post was sponsored by Le Sueur Peas as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I enjoy casual entertaining year around, but my favorite time of year is Spring.
There is something about the near-perfect weather that makes me want to open up the house and invite friends over.
I am all about enjoying the celebration, so I always like to keep my menus simple. Dishes that can be mostly prepped ahead of time and serves family style are perfect to me.
This Pasta Primavera with Chicken is perfect for casual entertaining. It would also make a great addition to your Easter buffet table!
You can make the entire dish ahead of time, and then reheat gently on the stove. I like to do just the chicken and sauce ahead of time, because I typically use a fresh gluten-free fettuccine and I think it tastes better when it is first cooked.
Either way, you’ve got a limited amount of hands-on cooking time, leaving you free to enjoy the celebration.
I’ve used Le Sueur ® Very Young Small Sweet Peas in this Pasta Primavera with Chicken. Le Sueur has been known for more than 100 years for their premium breed of petite sweet peas.
Families have relied on them for decades for their consistent quality and simple goodness. In addition to being great to add to a main dish, they also are a convenient side dish. They work just as well for your Easter dinner as they do Tuesday night.
I love that they stay firm when cooked! Mushy peas just aren’t for me – I need peas that hold up when I’m cooking!
You can buy Le Sueur Very Young Small Sweet Peas at retailers nationwide. I picked them up at Publix, but you can check out the store locator HERE.
- 8 ounces gluten-free fettuccine or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces chicken breast
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1 can Le Sueur Very Young Small Sweet Peas drained
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup quinoa cream or half and half
- 1/3 cup parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. And to the pan and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. (Depending on the size and thickness of your chicken breast.)
Remove chicken from the pan. Allow to cool slightly and slice.
- Add red onion and cook for four minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for one more minute.
- Place the grape tomatoes and carrots in the pan and cook for three minutes. Add peas to the pan and cook for an additional minute.
- Add wine or broth to the pan and cook, scraping up the brown bits, until the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the cream and simmer for two minutes. Stir in parmesan and cook until melted and slightly thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the pasta. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with thyme and serve warm.
Variations for Pasta Primavera with Chicken:
- Replace the tomatoes and carrots with broccoli florets, great beans, and red bell pepper.
- Alternatively, replace them with zucchini and asparagus.
- Top the finished dish with fresh basil and the juice and zest of one lemon in place of the thyme.
- Add a touch of heat with a thinly sliced Fresno Chile pepper. Seed the pepper for a little less heat.
If You Like this Pasta Primavera with Chicken You May Also Like:
- 24 Gluten Free Cauliflower Recipes
- Smokey Chicken with Avocado Sauce
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
Other Pasta Primavera Recipes to Try: