about the recipe
Enjoy the flavors of a classic Philly Cheesesteak all in one bite with this easy-to-make Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich. With just a few ingredients and either a skillet or a Blackstone flat top griddle, you can make this delicious meal in no time! The juicy and tender chicken combined with gooey cheese and flavorful vegetables is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
– 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into strips – 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning – 2 teaspoons sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 2 onions sliced (or 1 large onion) – 2 bell peppers seeded and sliced – 8 slices provolone cheese – 8 hoagie rolls sliced
– Place the chicken in a large bowl. – Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
– Toss to combine.
– Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Spray well with oil. – Add the onions and peppers and cook for about 15 minutes.
– Add the chicken to the griddle or another skillet, and cook for 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
– Lower the temperature on the vegetables as needed.
– Layer the cheese slices over the chicken and cover the skillet. Cook until the cheese melts. – Lightly toast your buns, or heat them seam side down on the skillet. – Divide the chicken and vegetable mixture between the buns and serve warm.