about the recipe
Cilantro Lime Slaw is a jazzed-up take on coleslaw that will leave your taste buds doing a happy dance. You are going to love the spicy lime dressing in this crave-worthy slaw. It is the perfect side to any meal with a Mexican or Southwestern flair. I especially like this recipe served with Blackstone fajitas or grilled chipotle chicken.
Dressing – 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice – 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos – 1 tablespoon sugar or sweetener of choice – ¼ cup olive oil – ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper Slaw – ½ pound green cabbage cored and shredded – ½ pound red cabbage cored and shredded – 6 scallions chopped – ½ cup cilantro chopped – 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced
– If you have time, salt the cabbage and let it sit for 1 hour.
– In a blender or jar combine lime juice, soy sauce sweetener, oil, ancho chili powder, salt, and pepper.
– Process or shake well to combine.
– In a large bowl toss cabbage, scallions and cilantro with dressing.
– Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired.
– Gently toss in avocado just before serving.