about the recipe
Simmering away in your slow cooker is a delectable pot of cheesy goodness - meet your perfect comfort food: Crockpot Broccoli Cheese Soup. Creamy and flavorful, this delicious soup is packed with veggies and all the ooey-gooey cheesy goodness you could want. And the best part? It's very easy to make, so you can spend less time cooking and more time enjoying it with your family. Get ready for an irresistibly creamy crockpot adventure - we guarantee you'll love every spoonful!
– 2 tablespoons butter – 1 white or yellow onion diced – 2 stalks celery diced – 1 carrot peeled and shredded or diced – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – 1 pound broccoli chopped – 4 cups chicken broth – 6 ounces cream cheese diced – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 1 cup half and half – 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
– Melt the butter in a saucepan, or using the saute function of your slow cooker. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and cook for 8 minutes.
– Add the garlic and paprika and cook for another 30 seconds.
– Transfer the mixture to your slow cooker, or hit cancel if you were using your slow cooker to sauté.
– Add the broccoli, broth, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir and cover. Cook on low for 4 hours.
– Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining cheese.
– Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to the desired consistency. (You could also use a blender, working in batches.)
– Add the half and half and cheese, and cook for another 30 minutes. Whisk well and serve warm.