about the recipe
Crockpot Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole is your ticket to comfort any time of the day! The texture is perfectly creamy and cheesy, with tender potatoes and crispy edges. What's more, this homemade delight requires less than 15 minutes of prep time. So, whether it's a family dinner or a gathering with friends, this easy-to-make side dish is sure to impress!
– 3 tablespoons butter – 1 small onion chopped – ¼ cup all-purpose flour – 2 cups broth – 24 ounces sour cream – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon black pepper – 26 ounces frozen hash browns – 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese divided
– Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the onion, and cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the onion and stir.
– Add the broth slowly, whisking to dissolve the flour. Once all the broth is added, cook for about 5 minutes, until the sauce is thickened slightly.
– Place the hash browns in the bottom of your slow cooker. Toss with the sauce and 1 cup of the cheese.
– Cook on low for 4 hours.
– Stir in the remaining cheese, and cook for another 10 minutes.