about the recipe
There's something incredibly comforting about digging into a bowl of creamy, hearty chicken and noodles. For those days when you need a lot of comfort without a lot of effort, our easy Crockpot Chicken and Noodles are perfect. With just a little bit of simple prep, you can have this cheesy chicken and egg noodle recipe slow-cooking to perfection while you go about your day.
– 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – 1 ½ cups chicken broth – 1 ½ cups half and half – ½ cup sour cream – 1 5.2 oz package garlic and herb cheese (such as Boursin) – 12 ounces egg noodles – 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese – ½ cup crushed butter crackers such as Ritz
– Season both sides of the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. – Whisk together the chicken broth, half and half, and sour cream in your slow cooker.
– Add the chicken and then crumble the Boursin on top.
– Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
– Remove the chicken and shred.
– Whisk the sauce well. Press the noodles into the liquid and then return the chicken to the pot.
– Cover and cook for 1 more hour on low.
– Add the shredded cheese and then the butter crackers. Cover, and cook until the cheese melts.