about the recipe
Join us as we dive into the world of mouthwatering Mexican cuisine with our irresistible Crockpot Chicken Fajitas. Picture tender chicken marinated to perfection in a zesty blend of flavors, skillfully paired with sautéed onions and peppers. Get ready for a hassle-free meal that will have you coming back for seconds!
– 1 ½ pound boneless skinless chicken cut into strips – ⅓ cup lime juice – ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil – 1 tablespoon minced garlic – 1 tablespoon chili powder – 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin – Salt and pepper to taste – 3 small bell peppers cut into strips – 2 large onions sliced – 1 cup salsa – For serving: gluten-free tortillas shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
– In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, and ground cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chop your vegetables and your chicken.
– Pour the chicken and marinade in your slow cooker. Top with peppers and onions. Pour salsa over the vegetables.
– Cover and cook over high heat for 2 hours or low heat for 3 to 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through.
– Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.