We take Mexican night very seriously at our house, and these Crock-Pot ® Chicken Fajitas are my idea of perfection. The chicken is deliciously seasoned in a punchy white cooking wine marinade, topped with onion and peppers, and finished off with salsa for a simple meal you will make time and again.
This is a sponsored post brought to you by Holland House Cooking Wines. All opinions are my own.
Crock-Pot Fajitas are Easy to Make and Family Friendly!
My life is pretty crazy these days! Between writing books, two websites, and three kids, most days, I feel like I can barely make it up for air.
That means now, more than ever, I am relying on super-easy recipes. If it is something I can throw together in 15 minutes or less that the whole family will enjoy, it is a winner in my book!
I have long loved my slow cooker, and these Crock-Pot Chicken Fajitas are one of my go-to recipes. I marinate the chicken overnight and then throw everything in the Crock-Pot a few hours before serving. It couldn’t be easier.
From manual slow cookers to fully-programmable, automatic-stirring slow cookers, the Crock-Pot® brand continues to develop products that address the needs of households today. It is easier than ever to enjoy a flavorful, convenient, home-cooked meal without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
Best of all, the whole family – from my six-year-old daughter to my teen boys and, of course, the adults – loves this recipe.
Fill Life with Flavor
By now, you probably know how much I rely on Holland House Cooking Wine to build flavor in my recipes without a lot of effort. This countertop staple is the easiest way I know to turn simple recipes into something extraordinary.
I love how the crisp-white-wine aroma of the White Cooking Wine pairs with the vegetables and chicken here. It is the perfect accent for lighter dishes!
Holland House Cooking Wines come in five different varieties, meaning there is something for every kind of dish. You can try the Sherry, Red Cooking Wine, White Wine with Lemon, and Marsala. All are aged to perfection with intense flavors that can stand up to the heat from any kitchen.
Make it Quicker!
Short on time? You can often find pre-cut vegetables in the produce section of your grocery store.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Making chicken fajitas in your slow cooker couldn’t be easier! Start by cutting the chicken into strips and marinating it in Holland House White Cooking Wine, oil, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. I like to marinate the chicken overnight but aim for at least four hours if you can.
This gives the flavors of the cooking wine and spices time to really season the chicken!
Next, once the chicken is marinated, place it and any remaining marinade in your slow cooker. Top with the peppers, onions, and salsa.
Cook over high heat for 2 hours or low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve with your favorite fixings!
More Recipes to Try:
- This Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash Risotto is quick to make and perfect for entertaining. It makes a great side dish or vegetarian main course.
- Beet Orange Salad is such a colorful recipe that is surprisingly simple to make. This is one that never gets old!
- Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto has all the flavor of traditional risotto sans the carbs. Try it once, and like me, you will be addicted.
- Steak with Mushrooms is a classic dish that never goes out of style!
- Roasted Spring Vegetables are quick to make and even quicker to disappear!
Crock-Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken cut into strips
- 1/3 cup Holland House White Cooking Wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 small bell peppers cut into strips
- 2 large onions sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- For serving: Gluten-free tortillas shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the white cooking wine, olive oil, garlic, chili powder, and ground cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Pour the chicken and marinade in your crock-pot. Top with peppers and onions. Pour salsa over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook over high heat for 2 hours or low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.