about the recipe
When you want a delicious and comforting meal that doesn’t require a lot of time, Crockpot chicken pot pie is perfect. This one-pot meal combines all the classic flavors of chicken pot pie with the convenience of a slow cooker. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a nourishing family dinner on the table with minimal effort. Plus, it smells amazing while it's cooking!
– 1 tablespoon butter – 1 onion chopped – 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cubed – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – 2 cups russet potatoes peeled and diced (about 2 large or 4 to 5 small) – 1 cup chicken broth – 1 can cream of chicken soup – 1 can cream of celery soup – 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley or ½ teaspoon dried – 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper – 10 ounces frozen peas and carrots – 6 ounces frozen corn – Salt and pepper to taste – 8 baked biscuits homemade or store bought
– Melt the butter in a skillet or using the saute function of your slow cooker.
– Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
– Add chicken cubes and cook for another 8 minutes.
– Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
– Transfer to your slow cooker and add the diced potatoes.
– In a bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, cream of chicken, cream of celery, parsley and black pepper.
– Pour the soup mixture on top of the onions, meat, and potatoes and stir to combine.
– Cook for 4 hours on low.
– Add the peas, carrots, and corn and cook for an additional 1 hour.
– Taste and season well with salt and pepper. Stir well. Top individual portions with cooked biscuits and serve.