about the recipe
Do you find yourself craving lasagna but don't feel like dealing with the hassle of preparing it? Crockpot Lasagna Soup will deliver the flavors you are craving with minimal effort. This recipe is hearty, flavorful, and comforting. It brings together sheets of wavy pasta, dollops of creamy Parmesan-enriched ricotta, and delicious lasagna flavors in an easy-to-make soup. Give this easy lasagna soup recipe a try, and you will be hooked.
– 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil – 1 pound ground beef – 1 yellow onion chopped – 1 teaspoon minced garlic – 4 cups beef broth – 28- ounce can tomato puree – 6 ounces tomato paste – 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 6 ounces lasagna sheets broken into quarters – ¼ cup half and half optional – For topping – 1 cup ricotta – ⅔ cup grated parmesan – Fresh basil or parsley for garnish
– Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet, or using the sauté function of your slow cooker.
– Add the ground beef and cook for 4 minutes, using the back of a spoon to bread the beef up.
– Add the onion and cook for another 4 minutes, or until the beef is browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
– If you are using a skillet, transfer the beef into your slow cooker.
– Pour in the broth, tomato puree, tomato pasta, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
– Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. (You could also cook on high for 3 hours.) – Add the lasagna noodles and increase the heat to high. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes, until the lasagna noodles are cooked through.
– Stir in the half and half, and cover until heated through, about 5 minutes. – Stir together the ricotta and parmesan in a medium bowl.
– Spoon the soup into serving bowls, and dollop with the ricotta cheese. Garnish and serve immediately.