Do you find yourself craving lasagna but don't feel like dealing with the hassle of preparing it? Crockpot Lasagna Soup will deliver the flavors you are craving with minimal effort. This recipe is hearty, flavorful, and comforting. It brings together sheets of wavy pasta, dollops of creamy Parmesan-enriched ricotta, and delicious lasagna flavors in an easy-to-make soup. Give this easy lasagna soup recipe a try, and you will be hooked.
If your family loves lasagna as much as mine does, you are going to fall in love with this slow cooker lasagna soup.
With all the flavors of lasagna in the confines of a bowl, it is the near-perfect comfort food.
You will love the ease and simplicity of this recipe.
This soup has all the delicious lasagna flavors without the time-consuming layering and baking technique.
Follow along, and I’ll show you how to make this lasagna soup recipe in your crock pot.
Looking for more Lasagna inspiration? Don’t miss my Vegetable Lasagna, Crockpot Lasagna, and Crockpot Ravioli Lasagna. For even more Italian-inspired casserole recipes, check out Baked Spaghetti with Ricotta and Chicken Spinach Manicotti.
- Oil: Use your favorite cooking oil. I like avocado or olive oil.
- Ground Beef: Use 80/20 or 85/15 for the most flavor. If you want to lighten this recipe up, you could use a lower fat ground beef, or subsitute ground turkey.
- Onion: Use yellow or white onion. If you want to add extra veggies to the soup, like bell peppers or carrots, you can add the vegetables with the onion.
- Garlic: Freshly miced garlic typically has the most flavor, but frozen or jarred garlic are a great time savor.
- Broth: Use purchased or homemade beef broth. Chicken broth could also be used.
- Tomato Puree: Look for cans of tomato puree in the canned goods aisle. If you want to use diced tomatoes, you can leave them chunky or give them a whirl in your food processor. Tomato sauce will also work.
- Tomato Paste: This adds more flavor and body to the soup.
- Italian Seasoning: You can use pre-mixed Italian seasoning or create your own with individual herbs such as oregano, basil, garlic powder, and rosemary.
- Sea Salt & Pepper: Adjust the amount to your personal preference.
- Lasagna Sheets: Break the lasagna sheets into quarters before adding to the soup.
- Half and Half: This adds a nice creaminess to the soup but is optional.
- Ricotta: Use full-fat ricotta for best results.
- Grated Parmesan: Freshly grated parmesan cheese is always best!
- Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle the soup with fresh parsley or basil just before serving htis Crockpot lasagna soup recipe.
Step by Step
For the full recipe with measurements, see the recipe card at the end of the post.
Tips & Tricks
- I like to break the noodles up to help them fit into my slow cooker and later into my bowl. If you prefer to leave them whole, you can. Just submerge them into water until they soften and fit into your slow cooker.
- For a cheesier lasagna soup in the crock pot, top with a handful of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You can use seasoned Italian sausage in place of ground beef if you like.
All it takes is a simple salad with Italian dressing and side of bread to make this easy crockpot lasagna soup a meal!
Can Lasagna Soup Be Frozen?
Yes! Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it into a freezer-safe container or bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. I often eat all the noodles, because they get a little mushy when frozen, and then cook new ones when I enjoy the leftovers.
Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating on the stovetop over medium heat.
Can Other Types of Noodles Be Used?
Yes, you can use other types of noodles such as shells, rotini, or penne to make this lasagna soup recipe in the slow cooker.
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Slow Cooker - Use a multi-cooker like the Ninja PossibleCooker or Instant Pot Dutch Oven, or a CrockPot
- Large Skillet
- Mixing Bowl
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Try
- Your family is going to love the flavor of this Slow Cooker Brisket - and you are going to love how easy it is to make.
- For an impressive dinner with barely any effort, these Slow Cooker Short Ribs are always a hit.
- Slow Cooker French Dip sandwiches are loved by kids and adults alike.
- This Crockpot Meatloaf is one I turn to again and again, and I think you will like it too.
Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups beef broth
- 28- ounce can tomato puree
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 ounces lasagna sheets broken into quarters
- ¼ cup half and half optional
- For topping
- 1 cup ricotta
- ⅔ cup grated parmesan
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet, or using the sauté function of your slow cooker.
- Add the ground beef and cook for 4 minutes, using the back of a spoon to bread the beef up.
- Add the onion and cook for another 4 minutes, or until the beef is browned. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- If you are using a skillet, transfer the beef into your slow cooker.
- Pour in the broth, tomato puree, tomato pasta, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. (You could also cook on high for 3 hours.)
- Add the lasagna noodles and increase the heat to high. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes, until the lasagna noodles are cooked through.
- Stir in the half and half, and cover until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir together the ricotta and parmesan in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the soup into serving bowls, and dollop with the ricotta cheese. Garnish and serve immediately.