about the recipe
Craving lasagna but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? This crockpot ravioli lasagna is a delicious, time-saving alternative that pairs ravioli with classic Italian flavors for a delightful meal the whole family will love. Perfectly comforting and easy to make, this slow cooker recipe takes just a handful of ingredients and minutes of prep before your crockpot works its magic. Simply assemble the dish and return when your hearty one-pot meal is ready!
– 1 pound ground beef – 1 yellow onion diced – 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning – 1 teaspoon sea salt – 36 ounces marinara sauce homemade or jarred, about 4 cups – 25 ounces frozen ravioli – 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
– Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Alternatively, if your slow cooker has a saute function, use that. Add your ground beef, stirring with a spoon to crumble the meat.
– Add the onion, Italian seasoning, and salt. Cook for 7 minutes.
– Drain any excess fat from the meat mixture. Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
– Add ¾ cup of the marinara sauce and spread to coat the bottom of the slow cooker.
– Add half of the ravioli and half of the meat mixture.
– Repeat the layers, adding the ravioli, meat, ½ cup of the cheese, and the remaining sauce.
– Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
– Sprinkle with the remaining 1 ½ cups of cheese. Cook for another 30 minutes.