Craving lasagna but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? This crockpot ravioli lasagna is a delicious, time-saving alternative that pairs ravioli with classic Italian flavors for a delightful meal the whole family will love. Perfectly comforting and easy to make, this slow cooker recipe takes just a handful of ingredients and minutes of prep before your crockpot works its magic. Simply assemble the dish and return when your hearty one-pot meal is ready!
Ah, the magical crockpot. Is there anything it can't do?
From tender and succulent dinners to desserts that are delicious enough for company, it's no wonder why the slow cooker has become a mainstay in so many kitchens!
Take your dinner game up to another level tonight with this delectable
Crockpot lasagna ravioli. When you combine layers of cheese ravioli, beefy marinara sauce, and shredded mozzarella together in your crock pot, all you have to do is let that slow cooker magic work its wonders.
In just a few hours, you'll be enjoying restaurant-quality lasagna flavors without having to ever turn on the oven. Read on for directions on how to make slow cooker ravioli lasagna –you won’t regret it!
- Ground Beef: I like 85/15 or 80/20 for making this easy crockpot lasagna with ravioli, but you can use whatever blend that you have on hand. Ground turkey would work too.
- Yellow Onion: Small diced yellow onion is best for this recipe.
- Italian Seasoning: This classic blend of herbs and spices helps to season the meat and give it that signature Italian flavor. If you don't have Italian seasoning, a blend of oregano, basil, and thyme works well.
- Sea Salt: For added flavor. Make sure you don’t skip this!
- Marinara Sauce: You can use store-bought spaghetti sauce or make your own at home. I keep this Crockpot Marinara in my freezer at all times, and that is what I use for this recipe. If you are using a jar of pasta sauce to make this crockpot lasagna, I recommend adding a little garlic to the onion and beef when you saute it.
- Frozen Ravioli: I like to use cheese ravioli for this recipe, but you can also use spinach ravioli as well. If you can find them, ricotta cheese ravioli are fabulous here.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: For a cheesy topping and to help to bind the lasagna together.
First, start by heating a large skillet to medium-high heat. If you have a slow cooker (such as the Instant Pot Dutch Oven or Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker) that has a saute function, use that.
Add your ground beef to the skillet or pot and stir with a spoon to crumble it.
Next, add in the onion, Italian seasoning, and salt. Cook for about 7 minutes until the meat is fully cooked through. Drain any excess fat from the mixture.
If you have used your slow cooker to brown the meat, use a spoon to remove it to a bowl.
Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add ¾ cup of the marinara sauce and spread it evenly to coat the bottom of the slow cooker.
Next, add half of your ravioli, followed by half of your meat mixture. Sprinkle with ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and top with another layer of sauce.
Repeat these layers one more time, adding the remaining ravioli, meat mixture, ½ cup of cheese, and the remaining sauce. Cover with a lid and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
When your lasagna is done cooking, sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese.
Re-cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve lazy crock pot lasagna warm with bread or a side salad, and enjoy!
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- Italian sausage is a tasty alternative to ground beef.
- For even more meaty texture, use frozen mini-meatballs.
- To make this recipe vegetarian, just omit the beef and make sure you are using vegetarian ravioli.
- Make sure you use a large enough slow cooker to accommodate this recipe. I recommend a minimum of a 6-quart.
- For easy clean-up, don't skip spraying your crockpot with cooking spray before adding the ingredients.
All it takes to turn this recipe for crockpot lasagna with frozen ravioli into a meal is a green salad.
To make the meal heartier, serve it with bread machine dinner rolls or rosemary focaccia bread. Garlic bread is another fabulous option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to thaw frozen ravioli?
No, you will want to put your ravioli in your slow cooker while they are still frozen.
Can I use refrigerated ravioli?
No, refrigerated (often labeled "fresh") ravioli will get too soft when cooked in the slow cooker. Frozen ravioli are essential to the success of crockpot lasagna recipe with ravioli.
Tools Needed to Make
As an amazon associate, I earn from qualifying sales.
- Slow cooker, Instant Pot Dutch Oven, or Ninja Foodi PossibleCooker
- Skillet (if you are using a traditional crockpot)
- Non-stick spray
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat them in the microwave, on the stovetop, or in the oven.
Since the ravioli were already frozen, I don't recommend freezing this recipe.
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Try:
- Want an easy treat to finish off any meal? You will love these Crockpot peanut clusters.
- For a delicious meal with almost no effort, you will love this shredded crockpot salsa chicken.
- Crockpot buffalo chicken sliders make a great appetizer or main course. They are always a crowd favorite.
- Slow cooker shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches are so full of flavor that the family will ask for them again and again.
Crockpot Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 36 ounces marinara sauce homemade or jarred, about 4 cups
- 25 ounces frozen ravioli
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Alternatively, if your slow cooker has a saute function, use that. Add your ground beef, stirring with a spoon to crumble the meat.
- Add the onion, Italian seasoning, and salt. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Drain any excess fat from the meat mixture. Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add ¾ cup of the marinara sauce and spread to coat the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add half of the ravioli and half of the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with ½ cup of the cheese. Top with half of the remaining sauce.
- Repeat the layers, adding the ravioli, meat, ½ cup of the cheese, and the remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 ½ cups of cheese. Cook for another 30 minutes.
Leave a Reply