about the recipe
Scalloped Potatoes are perfect for entertaining, but making them the traditional way can require a lot of hands-on time. These Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes deliver all the flavor in an easy dish that just screams “comfort food.” This recipe works just as well for a simple family dinner as it does for a special occasion.
– 3 tablespoons of butter plus more for greasing the crockpot – 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups heavy cream – 1 cup vegetable broth – 8 ounces gruyere cheese shredded – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 teaspoon sea salt plus more for the potatoes – ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper plus more for the potatoes – 3 pounds russet potatoes peeled and cut ⅛ inch thick – 1 cup parmesan cheese
– Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. – Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
– Whisk in the heavy cream and broth. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 7 minutes. – Reduce the heat to low, and add the gruyere cheese. Cook until the cheese melts.
– Add the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Remove from the heat. – Grease your slow cooker bottom and sides with butter.
– Arrange a layer of the potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
– Continue layering the potatoes until you have used them all. – Pour the sauce over the potatoes in an even layer.
– Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, until the potatoes are tender. – Top with the parmesan and recover until the cheese melts.
– Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.