about the recipe
Take special occasion dining to the next level with this homemade Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib. In just 5 minutes, you can whip up a tangy and flavorful accompaniment that will take your juicy prime rib to the next level. This velvety sauce combines the heat of horseradish with the smoothness of mayo and sour cream. It's the perfect balance of creamy and spicy, adding a delightful kick to each bite.
– ¾ cup sour cream or creme fraiche – ¼ cup mayonnaise – ½ cup prepared horseradish – 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice – 1 teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– First, in a medium bowl stir together the sour cream, mayo, horseradish, Dijon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
– Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow the flavors to combine.
– Adjust the Heat: If you prefer a milder sauce, start with a smaller amount of horseradish and gradually increase to your desired level of spiciness. Remember, you can always add more, but you can't take it out once it's in!
– Let it Chill: While the sauce tastes great right away, giving it some time to chill in the refrigerator allows the flavors to fully develop and intensify. Trust me, the wait is worth it!