about the recipe
Learn how to use a rice cooker to make quinoa in just 20 minutes! With the right amount of water and following a few simple steps, you can cook fluffy and tender quinoa that's perfect for using in salads, bowls, and other wholesome dishes. A rice cooker is a quick method of cooking for this wholesome seed and perfect for meal prep. If you like fast and easy, you're going to love this method of cooking quinoa.
– 1 cup quinoa – Olive Oil Spray or a spoon of coconut oil – 2 cups liquid vegetable broth, juice or water
– Place quinoa in a fine mesh strainer and rinse with cold water, until the water runs clear.
– Spray the bottom of the rice cooker with olive oil.
– Place the quinoa in the rice cooker.
– Add 2 cups of liquid.
– Turn the rice cooker on and cook for 15 minutes. (Use the white rice setting if you have one.)
– Unplug the rice cooker and allow to sit for 5 more minutes. – Fluff and serve.