about the recipe
This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is moist and tender with just the perfect amount of seasoning to use in dishes of all types. It is great to make ahead for meal prep - I like to double the recipe so I have plenty. Shredded chicken is excellent to have on hand to add to salads, quesadillas, sandwiches, wraps, tacos, and stir fry! Your week just got simplified.
– 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs – ½ cup tomato puree – ½ cup chicken broth – 1 teaspoon garlic powder – 1 bay leaf – ½ teaspoon sea salt – ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– Place chicken, tomato puree, chicken broth, garlic powder, bay leaf, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot.
– Close the lid and pressure valve.
– Cook at high pressure for 12 minutes.
– Quick release pressure.
– Allow chicken to sit another 5 minutes and then open the lid.
– Remove from the Instant Pot and shred.