about the recipe
This Mediterranean Bowl recipe is a deliciously wholesome meal that is so easy to make! With feta, olives, pepperoncini, spinach, and tomatoes served with brown rice and topped off with hummus, you’ve got a crave-worthy and filling meal.
– 8 ounces brown rice or quinoa – 1 cup grape tomatoes – 2 cups spinach – 2 ounces Kalamata olives sliced – ¾ cup pepperoncini drained – 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed – 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled – 1 lemon juiced – ¼ cup hummus – Seasonings to taste: salt pepper, crushed red pepper, Greek oregano
– Cook rice or quinoa according to package instructions.
– Divide brown rice or quinoa among serving bowls.
– Add tomatoes, spinach, olives, pepperoncini, chickpeas and feta.
– Squeeze lemon juice over the bowls. And top with hummus.
– Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and Greek oregano.