This Mediterranean Bowl recipe is a deliciously wholesome meal that is so easy to make! With feta, olives, pepperoncini, spinach, and tomatoes served with brown rice and topped off with hummus, you’ve got a crave-worthy and filling meal.
If you're looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that will keep you satisfied all day, then look no further than this amazing Mediterranean bowl.
It's packed with healthy ingredients like brown rice, chickpeas, olives, pepperoncini, fresh greens, feta cheese, and hummus. This simple bowl recipe is bursting with flavor but light enough to be enjoyed any time of the day. Plus, it only takes minutes to prepare!
Whether you eat it on its own or as part of a larger meal plan, this Mediterranean bowl will surely hit the spot.
Follow along as I teach you how to prep this simple bowl recipe that is perfect for meal prep.
- Rice: I used brown rice, but quinoa, white rice, or another grain are also great options.
- Tomatoes: I used grape tomatoes, but any tomato will work.
- Spinach: Fresh spinach is best for this recipe.
- Kalamata Olives: Sliced Kalamata olives are the star ingredient in a Mediterranean Bowl!
- Pepperoncini: Pepperoncini adds a mild yet flavorful kick to the meal.
- Chickpeas: Drained and rinsed chickpeas add a great protein boost to the bowl. For added texture and taste, feel free to saute' the chickpeas in olive oil with a little garlic., smoked paprika, and cumin.
- Feta Cheese: Crumbled feta cheese adds tanginess, saltiness, and flavor. Use vegan feta for a vegan option.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice brightens up the flavors in the bowl.
- Hummus: Dollop hummus on top for an extra layer of creaminess and flavor. (Plus an added boost of protein.)
Great additions and substitutions to this recipe include:
- Fresh vegetables such as cucumbers or red onions or roasted vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, or tomatoes.
- Fresh herbs such as fresh dill, parsley, or basil
- Cooked quinoa, barley, farro (or any grain). If you are gluten-free, make sure to choose a gluten-free grain.
- Tahini sauce, seasoned Greek yogurt, or tzatziki.
How to Make a Mediterranean Bowl
First, start by cooking your rice or quinoa according to the package instructions.
Once the grains are cooked, divide them among serving bowls.
Next, add your prepped tomatoes, spinach, olives, pepperoncini, chickpeas, and feta cheese.
Drizzle freshly squeezed lemon juice over the top of each bowl.
Finally, top off each bowl with a dollop of hummus.
Sprinkle salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and oregano over the top for extra flavor.
More Bowl Recipes to Try
- Healthy fajita bowls are a great way to get your Mexican fix in in a meal that will leave you feeling great.
- These veggie quinoa bowls have a delicious peanut sauce that you may find yourself craving!
- Savory oats? It is different, but once you try this savory oatmeal breakfast bowl you will wonder why you waited so long.
- This spicy noodle bowl is ridiculously easy to make and so delicious!
- Quinoa taco bowls are full of all the flavors you love.
- 8 ounces brown rice or quinoa
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 ounces Kalamata olives sliced
- ¾ cup pepperoncini drained
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ cup hummus
- Seasonings to taste: salt pepper, crushed red pepper, Greek oregano
- Cook rice or quinoa according to package instructions.
- Quarter grape tomatoes, chop spinach and slice Kalamata olives.
- Divide brown rice among serving bowls.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, olives, pepperoncini, chickpeas and feta.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the bowls. And top with hummus.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and Greek oregano.