Thanks so much to Minute® Ready to Serve for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
This Mediterranean Bowl recipe is a deliciously wholesome lunch that is so easy to make! With feta, olives, pepperoncini, spinach, and tomatoes served with brown rice and topped off with hummus, you’ve got a gluten-free meal that is crave-worthy. Use vegan feta to make a vegan Mediterranean Bowl.
In the past, I’ve had a problem with over-complicating things. The perfect example is that every time I decided to get my diet under control, I’d plan to make three or more recipes a day with absolutely no duplication.
This would go on for about three days, and then I would get frustrated with spending the entire day in the kitchen, and I would give up.
I’ve learned that to eat in a way that makes me feel my best without driving myself crazy, I need to stock up on items that make my life easier.
Products like Minute® Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice allow me to get a wholesome meal like this Mediterranean Bowl on the table in less than ten minutes.
It is perfect for those times when time is tight, and I’m on the go! In just 60 seconds I can have a perfectly cooked single portion of rice. You can even eat it straight from the cup! (Bonus points: both the cup and film are BPA-free. You can read about why this is important here.)
Minute Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice has a delicious nutty flavor and the slightly chewy texture that is characteristic of brown rice. It is free of preservatives, gluten-free and 100% whole grain, with 57g whole grains. It is such an easy way to get the entire recommended daily intake of whole grains in a single meal! (Plus, complex carbs are a great way to keep my blood sugar steady.)
Since there are several flavorful varieties of Minute Ready to Serve, I never get bored with my lunch. I love that several of them are whole grain, gluten-free and contain no preservatives. Two of my favorites are this Minute Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice and Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice & Quinoa.
Minute Ready to Serve is the perfect solution for a quick meal or snack and a fabulous addition to leftovers for dinner!
How to Make a Mediterranean Bowl
- 2 packages Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice 8.8 ounces
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 ounces Kalamata olives sliced
- 3/4 cup Pepperoncini drained
- 1 cup chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup hummus
- Seasonings to taste: salt pepper, crushed red pepper, Greek oregano
- Cook Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice according to package directions.
- Quarter grape tomatoes, chop spinach and slice Kalamata olives.
- Divide brown rice among serving bowls.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, olives, pepperoncini, chickpeas and feta.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the bowls.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and Greek oregano.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve.