about the recipe
If you enjoy the glow of satisfaction that comes from serving a meal that everyone loves, you are going to love this Mediterranean Chicken Breast. With perfectly seasoned chicken, briny olives, and sweet cherry tomatoes topped off with tangy feta, you have got a meal that never fails to delight. It looks gorgeous on your table, making it perfect for entertaining.
– 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast – 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano – 1 ½ teaspoon sea salt – ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper – 3 tablespoons avocado oil – 2 teaspoons minced garlic – 8 ounces halved cherry or grape tomatoes – ½ cup chopped pitted olives – 2 tablespoons chicken broth – 3 ounces feta cheese crumbled – Optional: Fresh lemon juice
– Pat the chicken dry and season it on both sides with oregano, salt, and pepper. – Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
– Add the chicken and cook for between 6 to 8 minutes per side until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer register 160° F.
– Remove from the pan.
– Add the garlic to the pan, and cook for 30 seconds. – Stir in the tomatoes, olives, and chicken broth. Cook for about 3 minutes, scraping up any browned bits.
– Transfer the chicken to plates and top with the tomato and olive mixture.
– Sprinkle with the feta cheese and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice if you like.